- Will Davidson shot a multi-page spread for Vogue Australia in Georgia O’Keeffe-country (just two hours from here), and his stunning photos compliment the killer couture seamlessly.
- I just celebrated my 28th birthday by taking my day slow with my Littles, after spending the morning reflecting on my year/life. Maja wrote 8 Ways to Make Your Birthday a Timeless Celebration on Darling Magazine a week after my birthday, and I think it’s an excellent list to bookmark.
- Love this humorous article about why Planned Parenthood needs to be defunded.
- Take selfies shamelessly, and don’t let the haters bring you down. Six Reasons Why Taking Selfies Makes You Fabulous.
- The Cheapest Cities to Visit. My type of travel.
- I personally wanted to cash in on my postpartum “handicap” for as long as I could, and got breakfast in bed through my second week — with both daughters. But, for those of you mommas who are more ambitious in life, here’s an impressive guide to record-speed postpartum recovery.
- I love this little Free People candle DIY for entering upon cozy fall nights.
- How to NOT be Fearless, and why fear needs love too.
- I’ve recently become obsessed with model Erin Wasson’s home. It’s all over the internet! And I loved this photo shoot of her that I stumbled across.
- This is such a great list of morning routine items to encourage a kick-ass super-zen & productive life. Pick and choose, or do them all!
- While we’re talking about being a morning person, here’s how.
- The moon will be in Pisces through September 22nd, and you can enhance its psychic powers by drinking tea, don’t you know?
- Scrumptiah-diddli-umptious avocado toast 3 ways.
- Do you want 25 serious reasons to consider homeschooling your children?
- I’m actively working on redecorating our bedroom and always looking for inspiration. This list of how to make your space more bohemian is pretty accurate, eh? Lace, pillows and atmospheric lighting, yo!
- Delicious stinky kitchen sink fix, anyone?
- You don’t need to leave the house! Here are some great online yoga classes.
- I just really love this post, “My ex is happy and it’s making me sad.” Familiar feeling, but mostly, great advice about how to keep killin’ it at life!
- How beautiful is this kitchen?!
- If you simply ask yourself, “what’s the next step?”, maybe you won’t ever find yourself looking at Facebook again. Check out Leo’s 3 Small Discipline Habits You Can Train.
The internet surprised me this month. It’s been 17 years since I first started scouring the web, and I’ve gone through countless phases where I find myself totally done with it. Over it. Find a cave in a mountain and live there without electricity pumping through my walls. But then I Instagrammed hard-core for the entire month of July, and although I’m exhausted and so relieved the month is over, I think I love the internet more.
If you’ve been following along then you know that July was #SCcreatejuly month, where I challenged everyone to make time to create every single day. I went the first 3 weeks Instagramming everything I made, stressing out, trying to get an image posted before morning… before I realized that Instagram wasn’t actually part of the challenge. All I had to do was create, and that was easy. So then I slowed down my Instagramming and had time to breathe again. BUT, during that stressful period of worrying about how many people thought my latest collage was cool, I saw a lot of other people’s work. I got to know what Instagram hashtags linked me to photos that made me feel things (#vscoart, #namaste, #cutandpaste etc). And I would enter these worlds, far away where it was already morning, and see how other people saw the world. And that shit is cool. That’s why the internet is so f-ing cool these days. If you can keep yourself from comparing your life to those of others, then Instagram can be a sick-ass place to gather inspiration and be in awe of the planet we live on (and beyond, @nasa).
Before moving on I want to thank the five ladies who contributed photos to #SCcreatejuly — I loved your representation of the prompts and knowing that you were making cool stuff alongside me. The featured image above is a montage of several #SCcreatejuly posts, and these are the five lovely ladies who joined in: @just_drie @babydel @jacquebblackie @mountainmermaid58 @bandolina_ @roadkyl
Now, moving on, here are some of my favorite links from July.
- Stone Currents has surpassed 200 followers on Bloglovin’ within 2 months of our official launch! We are so excited that our readers are enjoying our posts — we love you!!
- This list of positive podcasts.
- 256-year-old Chinese herbalist says the secret to a long life is to sit like a turtle & sleep like a dog.
- Modcloth featured my outfit on their blog! I loved seeing my outfit posted alongside such inspiring fashionistas.
- Heather posted her modest space on her blog to archive this stage of her life. I really love how raw it is, and unlike most blog posts on interiors. I want to do this sometime this summer with our home.
- Striving versus achieving when you have small children. Can you relate?
- The 10 small differences between ordinary people & successful people.
My mini list of cyber places I’ve enjoyed over the month, to inspire:
- Yoko Ono’s Instagram feed. Her genius stumps me.
- Apparently, people who waste time are more creative. Boo-ya!!
- Have you heard of Bud & Breakfasts? Brilliant!
- This Little Gem salad from Bon Apetite is superb, although I sautéed almond slivers instead of hazelnuts and mixed ‘um with the carrots.
- Vulnerability is the birthplace of innovation.
- Jessica Beck eloquently explains how to make swearing sexy on Over the Moon Magazine.
- Watching the the instagram feed grow for the July creativity challenge hashtag, #SCcreatejuly. After only a few days it’s already been exciting to see peoples’ creations mixed up together.
Here is my favorite of the web to help inspire you in June.
- Slow Parenting. This, I need.
- Stuck because you can’t be happy for others’ successes? Been there.
- I’ve been learning French with these free retro videos online and it’s pretty fun.
- I’m doing the French because it’s part of Zen Habit’s June Learning Challenge.
- I like this simple blunt list of 25 easy ways to self-care (that aren’t woo-woo)
- Most recent inspiration. Lou Doillon is just so cool.
- These may be my favorite desktop wallpapers from Design Love Fest.
- Sometimes it feels so damn easy to just “not give a fuck” in your relationship. I really love this list of 10 ways to love more deeply.
- I’m down with doing makeup like this: How the French do it.
- The Wild Unknown Tarot Card Deck. I want I want I want.